The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Getting started

I picked up my new treadmill today.  Although it's currently sitting in a box which my cats are treating like a jungle gym, it's not staying there for long.  It's going to be put together tomorrow morning, & my new, healthier lifestyle begins.

I've decided to do the Couch to 5k program that everyone is raving about.  Since that's a 3 day a week program, & running just isn't going to cut it for my fitness goals, I invested in a workout dvd to supplement.  It's one of those old school, Billy Blank tae-bo style workouts.  I love those things.  And if I do it with consistency, it's going to seriously help in decreasing the size of my fat ass.  Bonus.


Instead of focusing on a weight loss goal, I'm going to set my sights on actually running in a 5k race at the end.  I have some very fit family members who are already runners, & I'm sure I can talk them into participating.  Although it seems out of reach now, I know I can do this.  I cannot wait to feel the sense of accomplishment I'll have when I finish!

Wish me luck (& make sure you hold me accountable)!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you!! I just started trying to exercise again (see my most recent post), and I'm hoping I can keep the motivation going! I hear a lot of people talking about the C25K program, so it must be good! I, myself, refuse to run unless there is something deadly chasing after me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Good luck! You CAN do this :)

    ReplyDelete