The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 7 - Link up!

I took a few days off from blogging over the weekend, but now I'm refreshed & ready to get back into the  challenge!

The challenge prompt for today suggests linking up with other bloggers, allowing you to expand on further topics, take an opposing viewpoint or promote another post that you think really deserves it.

I'm linking up with my SIL Jenn of South of Sheridan.  She's the one who got me into this challenge, & got me into blogging in the first place.

January 20th of this year was the International Day of Acceptance to promote disibility awareness.  Jenn asked her readers to ask whatever burning questions they may have had about using a wheelchair for mobility.  Please take some time to read the questions & answers here & here.

As I'm sure most of you know by now, my boyfriend DJ also has LGMD & uses a wheelchair full time.  When we started dating I got lots of perplexed looks from people, & I could see the wheels turning behind their eyes.  Much like DJ & Jenn, my attitude towards the situation is this:  I'd rather have you ask instead of just staring.

So, in that spirit I'm taking a queue from Jenn.  If you have any questions about being the other half of someone with a disability, please ask away!

You can contact me by:

I'd like to take questions until Friday, & then prepare an answers post for the weekend.

I'm excited to see what people want to know!

5 comments:

  1. I was beneath you on SITS.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the link. It was very eye opening and a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job linking up to another blogger & giving your SIL some linky love! I have never head of International Day of Acceptance so thanks for discussing it!
    Joining your from SITS 31DBBB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - how great, to spread this sort of information to others. We all need to learn in order to be more thoughtful and compassionate. Great idea for a link post.

    Visiting from 31DBBB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I missed that post by Jenn so I am so glad you posted this! I have a question: What is the best advice gift a Parent can give a Special Needs child about dealing with others who are not so nice?

    ReplyDelete