The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ain't that a pisser.

Although I can't be certain, I think my gentlemenly turkey from the other day met an untimely demise.

The people who own the turkey live near a cluster of other houses in an ugly turn on a windy country road.  Oh, & did I mention they also have a flock of ducks & chickens too?

It isn't the prime location for your wild fowl.

And, I noticed on my way home from work this morning, a turkey didn't quite make it across the road.

Although I can't confirm it's "my" turkey, I was still pretty devastated.

Moral of the story - don't let your free range animals graze in an area where people are speeding around treacherous curves in the road.

Other people, I mean.  I would never drive too fast on a windy road.

R.I.P. Turkey.

5 comments:

  1. Poor turkey. And y'all were getting to be such great friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate when people have chickens that go towards the road! Always afraid im going to hit them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss, Renee!

    Just in time for Easter though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just be glad you weren't the one to hit it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor turkey. RIP, polite fowl friend.

    ReplyDelete