The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Is it Sunday already?

It creeps up on you quickly when you work on Saturday...again.  Bitter much?

Today is going to be a (sort of) Lazy Sunday.  HALLELUJAH!

Here's the list:

  • Light cleaning.  Amazingly, this week hasn't taken it's usual harsh toll on my house.
  • I have to find cat food.  My Walmart excursion last night didn't pan out, but it wasn't a total loss.  I was able to pick up a baby shower gift for next weekend.
  • My hair looks tragic & must be dyed.  Since it's summer, I'm going back to my natural color as close to my natural color as I could find in a box.  I'm bored with the dark hair for now.
  • And then, there's the laundry.  There's always laundry in this house.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else HATE putting laundry away?  I'm sort of ashamed to admit that most weeks, DJ & I live out of hampers.  I get as far as folding, but I just don't put it in drawers.

Anyway...enough about my bad habits.

The only other big project for today is detachment.  Tomorrow starts my last week at my current job.  I've decided that I don't care what happens this week.  They can say & do whatever they want, because it won't matter after Friday.  Since we all know I tend to swing from calm & collected to complete psychotic mess very quickly, the goal for the day (& the rest of the week) is to maintain that attitude.

When I told my good friend (one who shares my very sarcastic sense of humor) when my last day was she said, "I shall call it, Independence Day."

That's my mantra for the week.  Whenever I feel myself starting to get crazy, I plan to use that to talk myself down from the ledge.  Let's hope it works!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think my feelings on laundry are quite evident.

    I have a big folding table in my laundry room. The laundry stays in piles until Friday and then everyone has to put their stuff away!

    I like the sound of Independence Day. Maybe I'll start using it for various reasons. (I have a lot of them, most of them referring to the fact that this family thinks I am their slave.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to put laundry away either! I'm the washer/folder, and when I've done all that I really don't feel like putting it up too! We have a deal now where the husband and I each put up our own clothes after I've folded them. It (usually) works :) And congrats to you on your career change! I only wish I could do the same. I shall live vicariously through you this Friday!

    ReplyDelete