The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finally!

Guess who's excited.

This girl!

Wanna know why?

Perhaps some of you remember me lamenting about my dryer issues here.

Well, I was out of the house for a few hours today, & when I got back I was asking the universe (Out loud, because I'm crazy!) to please give back my iPod cord which has been M.I.A. for at least a week - but that's another story.

At that point, the boyfriend chimes in & says, "I don't know about the iPod cord, but would you settle for a working dryer?"

Turns out, there was no major crisis.  The contractors who built the house didn't turn that outlet on because they knew we weren't moving in with a washer & dryer.  So, the electrician stopped by this afternoon & all is working well.

Woo-to-the-freaking-hoo!!!!!!!!

Have you ever known someone who was so excited to be able to do laundry?

It's ironic, because I was just complaining on Facebook today about spending my day off at the laundramat - but now I don't have that problem anymore.  Yay!

So, I'd like to give a shout out to the universe (And DJ, since he made the calls!) for getting that all worked out...but, I would still like my iPod cord when you have a minute.

3 comments:

  1. Send some of that good Krama over here. Our dryer AND oven aren't working right now. Do you know what it's like to have four kids and no working dryer or oven. Seriously. How ghetto is that?

    Glad the Home Appliance Gods are shining down on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you get to do laundry at home!

    ReplyDelete