The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It was my pleasure.

One of my residents passed away tonight.

When her family was leaving they thanked me & gave me hugs.

With tears in my eyes I told them I loved her too.

Her grandaughter said that was obvious.

Best compliment I've ever gotten at work.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss, but that has to be one of the most wonderful things someone can say to a person in your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Renee, I'm sorry. What you've done for them (and each of your residents) is amazing. I can never be thankful enough for the care people like you give...

    How nice to have someone tell you how much they appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so tough! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete