The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow day!

Today was my regularly scheduled day off from work, & thankfully it coincided with the snow storm.  I personally think all snow storms should occur on my days off.  I wonder who I need to speak with about that?

Anyway, in the spirit of being snowed in, I rescheduled the vet appointment for the kittens & only made one quick trip out to pick up taco salad supplies.

The rest of the day was spent doing some very minimal shoveling, napping, cleaning a little bit & playing video games with the boyfriend.

And to add to the awesomeness of the day, I woke up to find that I very kind person from the business up the street cleared our driveway for us with the snowblower.  Yay!!!!

Please understand, I have a very long driveway & I'm the only one in this house who can shovel it - so this was like a late Christmas gift for me this morning.

If only I could get someone to do that all the time...

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone (not just people who work in schools!) should get snow days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Snow days. I have no idea what those are like.

    ReplyDelete