The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Monday, July 5, 2010

All it took was a screaming match.

Someone I know (let's call him Grumpy Gus) woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  Jenn & I were talking yard sales & he started to lose his shit, insisting that I wanted to sell all of his stuff.  Ummm...no.

In any event, that lead to said screaming match - which in turn lead to us finally cleaning out our spare bedroom.  That room has been sitting full of half-unpacked boxes since February when we moved in.  I know it's terrible that it got left for so long, but life is like all busy & stuff.  So, I just closed the door & pretended it wasn't there, which is how I handle most unpleasant situations...but that's a story for another day.

Anyway, it's not completely done, but we took a huge bite out of the problem & I'll soon be breathing a hefty, satisfying sigh of relief when it is finished.

For now, I'm going to clean up the mess we created by cleaning (say what?!?!?) & get ready for dinner.  We're making steaks on the grill.  Which, interestingly enough, is a meal I planned for Grumpy Gus because I don't like steak. 

Approximately once or twice a year I decide it's a good idea to eat a steak, & I am always reminded why I don't eat it in the first place.  Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. aaahhhh screaming matches, aren't they just fab!!?? Well at least something good came out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about how long your room has sat with boxes in it! Ours has sat for nearly 3 years....it's like the 2-3 boxes that live in the closet keep inviting friends! One day we'll clean it...maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete