I know that probably seems silly to some of you, because you all have a
Since this post is such a big deal for me, I've been putting it off for a few days trying to figure out what a good topic would be. Anyone who actually knows me (especially DJ) will tell you that I am not a quick decision maker. I way the pros & cons of everything - back & forth several times - before I make a decision. And that's exactly what's been happening.
Because I am so excited for post number 50, I can't wait anymore! I decided to just share some of the other happy things that have been happening lately. Here goes:
- Congress voted to extend the first time homebuyer tax credit! Hallelujah! This mortgage process has not gone smoothly because our contact at the bank is not very organized. We started the paperwork on time to qualify, but weren't able to make settlement. Now we will be - & we could really use that $8000. I mean, who couldn't?
- Speaking of the mortgage, it looks like the ducks are finally in a row (hopefully) & we'll be able to settle before the end of July! We just have to wait for my CNA training to end.
- Speaking of CNA training - hell to the yeah!!! My days of stretching 4 hours of work into an 8 hour shift will be over soon! And I absolutely welcome the hand on contact with the residents. That's why I wanted this job in the first place.
- I am over the moon about my washline! I hung it up (with some help from Jenn) on my own, & although there were a few stretching issues, it's working now! I did all my laundry on Thursday without having to go to the laundromat to dry it. I know that sounds like a small victory, but it was pretty big for me.
- The boyfriend's birthday was last week, & he really enjoyed all 3 rounds of his party. I'm happy when he's happy...usually.
- The countdown is on! On the 17th I'm going to Atlantic City with my aunt & uncle to see Joel Mchale from The Soup! Love him.