The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 14 - "I transcend race, hombre."

My newest TV obsession is Eastbound & Down on HBO.  This show is hilarious.  Imagine the most ridiculous person you've ever met having no idea they're ridiculous.  That's what this show is about.

Oh, & it's also about the greatest mullet I've ever seen.



Kenny Powers is a former baseball superstar who hit rock bottom & is now trying to find his way back to the top.  It's the Office, HBO style (eg, lots of nudity & foul language).  What I mean to say is, it combines the dry, sarcastic humor I love with lots of wildly inappropriate jokes & behavior that makes you cringe - & it's uncensored!  Yay!

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

  1. what happens if you're poor and can't afford HBO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Internet? Netflix? On Netflix you'll be a season behind, but you still get to see it.

    I'm addicted to too many shows on HBO. It's unfortunate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of show!! I've never heard of it! Must check it out =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Anything involving ridiculous and mullets is my kind of fun. I'll be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete