Perfect, right? Well, it didn't happen.
They were all here, & I had my camera in my pocket the whole time. But instead of chasing everyone around with a camera all day, I chose to participate in what makes me so happy. Our day including:
- Discussing if what we ate was pork or turkey. We ultimately decided it must have been "porkey."
- Several trips into the corn field behind the house, which resulted in my deck being covered in corn.
- DJ & the little ones "hunting" my cats in an attempt to get them out from under the bed. I walked into the bedroom at one point, & my 4-year-old cousin was flat on his stomach staring under the bed saying, "If you come out, I won't find you!"
- Once again discussing my aunt's belief that my dog's name should be Cocoa instead of Ripley.
- Opening my birthday gifts from my mother & having her explain where I'll be putting all of them. She had it all figured out when she bought them, you know.
- And of course, there were the spiked lemonade slushies.