The random ramblings of a perpetual procrastinator. These are the life & times of a nursing home CNA navigating the ups & downs of living with someone who's living with a disability. A sometimes amusing, sometimes bittersweet look at my journey into real adulthood.

Friday, October 29, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

This is my favorite time of year.  I love fall; the leaves changing, the smells, the cool air.  And I especially love Halloween & everything about it!

In order to get time off for my weekend away with DJ, I had to agree to work this weekend. : (

Last night was trick-or-treat night in the MIL's neighborhood that I would have loved to go to.  There are scary movie marathons I'm going to miss this weekend.  And I won't be home on Sunday night to watch the Ghost Hunters live on the Sci-Fi network.

So please, get out & trick-or-treat with your little ones, hand out lots of candy, watch a monster movie, tell some ghost stories & soak in all the fun this weekend has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm sorry! Well, at least you have a weekend away to look forward to.

    We don't have trick or treaters in our neck of the woods, because it truly is the woods. But we go to our friends' house, in a big, bustling neighborhood and sit in their driveway, handing out candy. I'll have a piece for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you have to work!

    I'm going to be eating Halloween candy and passing out what's left tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete